According to my aunt, the first time decided to become a doctor when I was about 4 years old while reading the Bearinstein bears book. I pointed at a bear wearing a white coat and a stethoscope exclaimed that I wanted to be just like the bear, who was able to treat his patients. I was fascinated by the human body and amazed the body consisted of different systems that worked together to properly function as a whole. I was truly inspired to pursue medicine when my father became diagnosed with cancer. I still remember the day when I had barely just turned 13 and EMTs rushed into our house to carry out my dad because of an adverse reaction to the drugs to had taken. I was left with my younger sister of 10 years, feeling helpless and unable to help my family. It was then when I truly decided that I wanted to make sure that families did not have to go through the ordeal of watching a family member battle cancer.
Throughout highschool, I had the mindset of becoming a doctor, and become the first member in my family to attend university, especially on a full ride scholarship. I thought that college would be just like high school where I would dedicate my time on extracurriculars.
My passion for medicine continued as I became involved with community service organizations and served as a captain for Cal Dragonboat team. BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH
No comments:
Post a Comment